1. THE BALM - FOR ANY SKIN IN NEED OF A BIT OF LOVE ♡
At this time of year, out of all of the Somerset Moss goodies, the Somerset Moss Balm takes centre stage.
Try adding a layer of Balm onto your cheeks and lips after applying the Somerset Moss Facial Oil. After those sunny summer days, this will give your skin the rejuvenation it needs, especially in dryer areas. You could also massage in a pea-size amount before bedtime for an added touch of nourishment and hydration.
We have a Balm for the car, Balm for the bedside table, Balm for the bathroom, Balm for the office, and of course, Balm for our besties.
2. SAM'S TOP TIPS FOR..
FALLING FOR FALL
This month, Somerset Moss Founder Sam's reflects on the changing seasons and how to fall for fall.
I always get a sense of foreboding during the last few weeks of August. This 'back to school' period almost feels like a second New Year! As the temperature drops and Vancouver starts to transform into 'raincouver', it leaves me feeling a bit antsy and questioning whether I really made the most of those summer days.
A few weeks go by, and with a sigh of relief, I remember that I do love the fall after all. For those of you who are still feeling restless, here are a few ways I have embraced the change in season:
1. Journal about what you're looking forward to in the next few months – l often feel like I should journal more and it can feel like a bit of an effort. A couple of days ago I suddenly felt really inspired to write this list and I pinned it to my fridge where I can see it often. Think snow shoeing, log fires, comfort food, maybe a cosy cabin weekend?
2. Embrace the fall fashion - dig out those jackets and chunky knits and remember how much you love your fall wardrobe! On the sunnier days, I love a bare leg with a warm coat, boots and sunnies. I went thrift shopping this week and was loving the fall colours - terracotta romper anyone?
3. Get out in nature - I find the forest so peaceful and the leaves have already become so colourful! Earlier this month, a few friends and I took it one step further and did a cold water swim and a little meditation on the beach! Trust me it was the most revitalising experience, so much so, that i'm considering making it a monthly activity! The invite would be open to any Beauty Insiders who are based in Vancouver. What do you think, are you in?
3. WHAT WE'VE LOVED IN SEPTEMBER:
P O D C A S T
The wonderful Erin from Raw Beauty Talks has an amazingly honest podcast. In her own words: 'It turns out that behind all the perfect instagram pictures, everyone has a deeper story to tell'. In a recent episode of Raw Beauty, Erin spoke to the Supermodel Iskra Lawrence about body confidence and how she wants to create a viral movement that celebrates different bodies, races, sizes and inspires women across the globe.
R E A D
Another empowering recommendation is the new book from Dr Michelle Kambolis 'When Women Rise'. She draws upon 20 years of experience in clinical therapy and has channeled it into a guide for women to bring more 'joy, power and peace' into their lives.
L I S T E N
Speaking of seasons, have a listen to this beautiful song 'Seasons' by Rhys Lewis. The lyrics remind us that, just like nature, we also go through seasons. We are always in periods of creating, sustaining or letting go, and just like a garden, we sometimes need to prepare for a new season by doing some weeding and some planting.
with botanical love,
Somerset Moss x